I was going through old pictures today and realized I really really really miss US.
These two are from my honeymoon. I remember it exactly, I remember his exact words before we took these pictures. "Ugh... seriously? Why do you have to take so many dumb pictures?"


I remember this trip to the sand dunes like it was yesterday. Except it wasn't. It was to long ago.

When we decided to have kids, I never realized how much things actually change. They change a lot. Everything in my world has changed. Everything I do is first based on Jaimen. Me and Alan no longer matter, really it is about Jaimen and his future, which is in our hands. Now I will have two little ones to think of before I think of myself or Alan. This to me is sad. I really miss the days when we would do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. Yet I could not see my life without Jaimen or without this new baby. Funny how that is. I guess that might be why a lot of parents don't 'parent' when they become 'parent's'. Do you know what I mean? They keep thinking of only themselves before they think of the little person(s) they welcomed to this world. I am not sure how exactly they manage this, I for one, leave Jaimen for the day to work, and am excited to see him when I get off work. Even though I know its going to be another screaming match to get him in the car from daycare, another night of tail pulling, and yelling, and time-outs, but I still look forward to seeing him.
I guess what I am saying is...
I love my family. I love my Alan. I love my Jaimen. I love my new unborn baby.
I advise the youngens to wait, until your 'ready' and even then, your really not 'ready', so wait some more. Just spend some time with yourselves before you can't.
Life gets complicated, and I HATE that part of life. That we have to actually grow up and be responsible and safe, and think about our actions every second of every day.
Alan,
I miss you.
Love,
Your Prego Emotional Wifey.
(sorry about the weird post)
These two are from my honeymoon. I remember it exactly, I remember his exact words before we took these pictures. "Ugh... seriously? Why do you have to take so many dumb pictures?"
I remember this trip to the sand dunes like it was yesterday. Except it wasn't. It was to long ago.
When we decided to have kids, I never realized how much things actually change. They change a lot. Everything in my world has changed. Everything I do is first based on Jaimen. Me and Alan no longer matter, really it is about Jaimen and his future, which is in our hands. Now I will have two little ones to think of before I think of myself or Alan. This to me is sad. I really miss the days when we would do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. Yet I could not see my life without Jaimen or without this new baby. Funny how that is. I guess that might be why a lot of parents don't 'parent' when they become 'parent's'. Do you know what I mean? They keep thinking of only themselves before they think of the little person(s) they welcomed to this world. I am not sure how exactly they manage this, I for one, leave Jaimen for the day to work, and am excited to see him when I get off work. Even though I know its going to be another screaming match to get him in the car from daycare, another night of tail pulling, and yelling, and time-outs, but I still look forward to seeing him.
I guess what I am saying is...
I love my family. I love my Alan. I love my Jaimen. I love my new unborn baby.
I advise the youngens to wait, until your 'ready' and even then, your really not 'ready', so wait some more. Just spend some time with yourselves before you can't.
Life gets complicated, and I HATE that part of life. That we have to actually grow up and be responsible and safe, and think about our actions every second of every day.
Alan,
I miss you.
Love,
Your Prego Emotional Wifey.
(sorry about the weird post)

7 comments:
Lynsie,
Crazy as it sounds, I really think you need to put you and your spouse first and your children second. When you put yourselves and your marriage first, everything else falls into place. Especially down time for YOU. When you're happy, Jaimen will be happier.
Just my opinion, but I do know how hard it is to do all the time. You guys need a date night!
I totally know what you are talking about. I think that the only way Andy and I have been able to get through having two kid is making sure that we are able to get out alone at least once a month. It has truly saved our marriage on more that one occasion. As cheesy as it sounds our husbands need to be shown love much more than our kids. They will always know that we love them, but I think sometimes husbands feel like they are just there to make money and mow the lawn.
Good Luck and hang in there.
So I totally GET this! I always say, when we are dating, we can't wait to be married. When we are married, we can't wait to have the first baby. You get into such a hurry moving on to the next thing that that you don't take the time to enjoy your current thing... That has been my goal laterly. To not rush through life, and wish the time away. I need to remember to enjoy the moment.
I am TOTALLY feeling the same way right now. You can't enjoy the same hobbies and lifestyle that I almost neglect my hubby. Like you say, love them all just miss my hubby.
Oh my gosh you seriously couldn't have expressed what I'm feeling more!!!! Amen to that post
I know I sometimes miss life before Heston. I mean life with Heston is the best thing EVER but remember when me, bob, you and alan would hang out like every weekend sometimes til 4:00am or playing foosball in your basement, it was dang fun!! I love you guys!
Hey Lyns!
Believe it or not, it comes back- before you know whats happening, kids are big (damn teenagers) and dont wanna hang with mom and dad anymore (damn teenagers)and its just the two of you again- you really remember why you got married in the first place! the trick is getting there- remind him often how much you love him and spend some time just the two of you when you can! (hint for babysitting) :-)
i love ya! looking forward to FRIDAY!!
Katie
Post a Comment