Just so you all know, Contractions hurt. Bad. Really. Really. Bad.
Did anyone know this?
Why did no one explain these in detail to me. Details people. Details.
I was having what I thought were Contractions starting 2 weeks ago. Nope. Those were Braxton Hicks Contractions, very, very common. See I never had Contractions when I was pregnant with Jaimen. I had Jaimen at 37 weeks because I had gestational diabetes, and he was running out of fluid. I know. Lucky me, no contractions.
Seriously now I know how lucky I was.
Those freaking HURT!
I had them last night, didn't know if that's what was going on, but I couldn't move positions, or breathe, and I had tears streaming down my face. Jaimen, so sweet wanted to give belly kisses and I almost ripped his head off, but I stopped myself.
After they stopped I called a good friend, and she confirmed, real contractions.
Luckily they stopped for good, although I could not sleep all night for fear that they might come back and I might be going for an emergency c-section way early.
I am crossing my fingers they don't come back, at least not for another 3 weeks. I might kill someone. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, so hopefully she can rest my mind.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
No one didn't want to tell you how bad contractions are because, it brings back horrible memories. Ouch!
But just think, your body is just getting ready for your new arrival! And think, epideral. Epideral baby! I proposed marriage right there on the spot to my epideral guys. If my husband wasn't in the room at the time, I'm pretty sure I would have run off with the "good doctor/s". Besides, he's (the husband) is the one that "DID THIS TO ME!"
You know I'm kidding right?
sorta
Oh Lyns Hang in there. We will chat in a few days and you will feel better. Until then, um..... Tell Alan that you are on bed rest and lounge for a couple of days. Can't wait to see you!
aww, you poor gal! I had the braxton Hicks kind a lot with my last pregnancy. I know the 'feeling'!! I do hope your little gal will hang in there for you for just a bit longer. Be sure to milk it for all it's worth!! Get in all the foot and neck rubs, snacks, hair brushing and whatever you love. Works like a charm but of course I know nothing about that! I wish you well and please hang in there with your pretty self ♥
Post a Comment