Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Darn Sick Kids

Jaimen has
COLD SORES
INSIDE HIS MOUTH....

OUCH!!!
His pediatric dentist said its like the Chicken Pox, 80% of kids gets it, and once you've had this strand, you cannot get it again. He also mentioned that most kids get minor symptoms, but of course, Jaimen has full blown symptoms.
Come to find out my brother did have it when he was little, and Jaimen’s cousin also had it a little over a month ago.
From what he will let me see he now has 4 sores on the tip of his tongue, look like canker sores, and his gums are super swollen, and they bleed. The only thing we can do is swab his mouth 3x a day with a medicated mouthwash that stings his mouth. Its a virus so there’s no medicine that will help fight it, it just needs to run its course like chicken pox. I speculate that he got it from a shopping cart

So here are a few things I have been doing besides listening to a screaming 1 1/2 year old because he can't and won't eat anything but applesauce. BTW we are going on 10 days now.



  • Cooking, some good looking food


  • Going absolutely crazy, I don’t think I could be a full time "stay at home mom", its freakin hard work, especially when he doesn’t feel good. I give all you major PROPS

  • Calling Animal Services on a pony “Gone Wild” in the next door neighbors yard, and yes that is in Ogden City

  • Running back and forth from home to work to try and get something done

  • Getting new zits from all the stress
  • Letting Jaimen fall asleep on the couch
  • Listening to never-ending tantrums every time Jaimen eats, because his poor mouth.
  • Dreaming of finishing my back yard project with no money to do it
  • Playing With Happy Jaimen
  • Playing with MAD Jaimen
  • Watching Snakes getting frisky in my driveway, again in Ogden






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny Lynsie. I am sorry you have had a rough last 10 days! I hate sick babies - it's no fun!! I love the happy Jamien picture and the sad Jaimen picture.

Hollyween said...

That snake freaks me out.

How's the eating nothing but applesauce thing going? You comin' on Friday?