Thursday, September 11, 2008

Special Thanks

Do you remember where you were 7 years ago this day?
I do.
When the planes hit the Two Towers I was in Sociology class. Our teacher would not let us out to watch with the other students. I waited until I got back to my tiny apartment and watched in horror with Alan. Little did I know how devastated I would actually be. I started crying as soon as I found out it was Terrorists. So much was going through my mind. I didn't go to work that day.

We sat and watched and became afraid, for the first time, afraid for our freedom.

I read a post a while ago of a friend, well I like to read her blog, so I call her friend. Her husband left on a plane from the same airport 20 minutes before the hi-jacked planes. Same airport, same terminal, same destination. How horrifying for her. Praying that he was not on that plane, waiting for his phone call.
All the mothers, wives, husbands, sons, daughters, families, and friends that lost someone that day. All the horror they went through hoping that 'they' were okay, that 'they' missed 'their' flight, or got caught in traffic on the way to work.
So this post is to remember all the lives we lost that day. All the people who fought that day, and have been fighting ever since for our freedom.
Thank You!

0 comments: