Friday, August 1, 2008

Bathing

I know I know 2 posts in 1 day! Holy cow right? Well if you have been reading my blog, you will notice that I have already done 3 posts this week, and this makes it 4!! What?? I am working on getting to my 100th post so that I can write all about
ME!!
I can't wait.
Only 65 more to go.
But this post may make some of you a little upset with me about my mothering "duties"

Lately we've been busy doing some of this...

See its sand. before that was dirt. before that was weedy grass.
And this....
See its flagstone with topsoil/sand mix.
(Oh also see that my husband is the one doing all the work. Thanks hunny. I am a horrible wife to get this "Brilliant" idea about flagstone, and then not really contribute much) -hey I tried to help, he would rather me not help

so I worked in this....

and I mowed the lawn, did dishes, cleaned the basement, did laundry, tidied up the house (kind of), vacuumed, made a new disc of pictures for dear mother in-law, and worked.

I also put this together....
Its one of my new patio sets I got for my birthday, from everyone.
Thanks hunny for organizing that!
(I will post a picture of my 'other' patio set I got later, that pictures on Alan's camera)

What is wrong you ask?

Well I forgot to bathe him...

oopsie
I know. I know. Horrible.

Alan put his pj's on him last night and came into me and asked "when was the last time you gave him a bath?" "Because smell his feet, look at his legs, that's disgusting."

What? It was just a little dirt, and stinky toesies.

"Um...."
thinking...
"Sunday?"
And that was Alan's response, Sunday, I couldn't even remember. I am a bad mommy.

I don't know why, but ever since Jaimen was born that is the one thing that I have to constantly remind myself that I need to give him a bath.
Brush his teeth twice daily, comb his hair, wash his face, feed him breakfast, drop him off at daycare, pick him up from daycare, make dinner, get him ready for bed.
But bathing I don't know why it is so hard for me to get it into our routine, but it is.
There it is I forgot to bathe my son for 5 days.
Don't worry he got a bath this morning.
Next bath.
on Wednesday.
Just Kidding.
I hope.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks AWESOME!!! YOu guys did such a great job!! So you are not a bad mom silly, I think we've all forgotten to give our kids a bath a time or two! You are probably one of the best moms I know!!