I was warned about the inquisitive nature of a 3 year old.
But seriously, WHY?
Yes Jaimen we are going outside.
"WHY?"
Because you wanted to go outside.
"WHY?"
Because you wanted to play with your toys.
"WHY?"
I don't know you tell me.
"Is it bedtime?"
Yes.
"WHY?"
Because its past 8:30 and 8:30 is your bedtime.
"WHY?"
Look at the clock see that hand? That hand is supposed to be here so its gone all the way around to here. That means its past your bedtime.
(Now he's quiet :)
"Can I have gum?"
NO.
"WHY?"
Because last time you had gum you dropped it in your car seat."
"Nu huh, I dwopped it on yo caw flo"
(cashier at Target starts laughing about now)
Okay, so this means you get gum?
"Yeah"
NO.
"WHY?"
"It's 20 o'clock?"
(laughing) No. (still laughing)
"WHY?"
(again, laughing, this makes it so I don't have to answer, because he knows he's funny)
He is definately a 3 year old.
And I have found myself saying something I swore I would NEVER say "Because I'm the mom and I said so!" I have even heard Alan tell him a time or two, "Because she's your mom, that's why."

3 comments:
Haha! I know that feeling! Jason used to ask me all the time when Parker was going to start talking to us. The other night Park wouldn't stop talking & I told Jas to be careful what he wished for!
Still planning on girl's night, it's just been a crazy couple of weeks with preschool & all. I'm thinking maybe next Sat. How does that sound?
How cute he seems like he sure full of energy and keeps you going got to love boys right, so cute!
Golly, how cute!!! I am eager for William to "why" me to death! Jaimen is one good looking fella ;-)
Post a Comment