Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Giving

This is what we chose to do for Christmas this year...

"Don't tell me to smile, Dad!"

These gifts are for someone who needs them more than us, we have never done this, and we LOVED it! We have bought toys for "Toys for Tots" before, but never bought a family Christmas. We had so much fun picking out things they needed and things that might just be for fun, and nice to have. I hope I am fortunate enough to do this every year and teach Jaimen a valubale lesson.

And here is a collage of my family making blankets for Primary Children's Hospital.

A couple years ago everyone decided to do-away with exchanging names and gifts. So each year we choose what we would like to do for others. Everyone had alot of fun, and we got yummy pizza afterwards.

Buying and wrapping all those presents got me in the 'mood'
- For Christmas - sickOs!

Hope all of you are in the Christmas Spirit!

3 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Now that's what I call Christmas! Awesome thing you guys are doing. I am the same way and I believe so much in doing for others. What a sweet and loving family :)

Jen said...

I love the idea of giving, instead of having to think of something clever to buy Grandma Maude or Uncle Gaylord for Christmas. And wasn't Holly's choice of fabric just wonderful? Okay, I was with her when she bought it.

It looks like your family had a wonderful time!

Laura said...

Lyns,

What a cute idea for Christmas. I love it!!! Your mom is so darling, please tell her hi for me. And I love the Sassy picture of Jaimen with the Christmas tree. He is getting so big. Merry Christmas!

Laura