Friday, February 5, 2010

Jaimens Regression

Jaimen has been 'potty trained' since he was 2 1/2 years old, and he is beginning to regress. This week so far he has not come home from daycare with the same pants on that he left in. Each day he gets in the truck to go home and asks for gum... NO gum. You might think this would be the incentive for NOT peeing his pants the next day, nope. The babysitter says he just stands there and pee's, he hasn't even tried to make it to the bathroom.
This to shall pass.
This is what I have to tell myself each day when I get home and see him in his comfy pants instead of the jeans he left in.
Today I have faith. Faith that he WILL come home in the same jeans he was wearing this morning. He has to at least make it one day, right?


7 months has come and gone, and for 7 months Jaimen has not stayed in his bed a full night, that is until last night! (hallelujah) It all began when Presley was about 3 months old, and she was still in our room. He would come in put his face and inch from mine and stare. I figured he was doing it because she was in there, so I took her out and put her in her own room. That didn't work, nothing worked, nightlight changed, nightlight gone, door open, door closed, more blankets, less blankets, humidifier, no humidifier, later bedtime, earlier bedtime, nap or no nap, NOTHING WORKS! The Dr. even mentioned he might have some kind of allergy that causes him to have sleep apnea, so we tried allergy medicine, didn't seem to make a difference. So finally I took his naps away, even though they didn't seem to affect weather he would wake up 3 times or 5 times. Man, is he tired! When he gets home he is drained, cranky, and tired, soooooo tired.

Its hard going through these things with him, 1. because I am frustrated and tired and 2. because he is frustrated and tired. If he would just sleep like he used to, we would all be much happier. I try to explain this to him at bedtime, and in the morning when he has finally layed his head down, and I make him get up. He's 3, he doesn't get it.

I miss my happy boy, I want him back :(

4 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Even though we are not going through the exact things with William since he is younger than Jaimen, we still have our fair share of stuff to deal with. Ours is that he is scared to death of anyone outside of our home. He still is not talking and will be 2 March 19th. He does not eat much more than oatmeal, yogurt, soft pasta or milk. Always something but I am sure it will get better soon. I know times are trying with little ones but I suppose we just have to be thankful for kids that are healthy and strong for one day they will be gone. Sad to think huh? Hang in there. I feel your pain :/

Jen said...

Being a parent can be soooo hard! I'm totally feelin' ya, though. The sleep thing can drive anyone crazy. Conner is getting a little better but we (when i say "we", i actually mean "ME")are still encountering those kind of nights.

Your little boy is probably just going through a stage and will overcome this, hopefully, in the near future! Hang in there friend! You are doing a good job!

Hollyween said...

Ugh. The regression thing is no one's best friend. Sadly, I have no sound advice for you since Levi was 5 when Faith was born and didn't regress. But that's just it... it happens. TO A LOT OF PEOPLE. So hang in there and keep havin' faith and hoping for the best. He'll catch on. Eventually.

Wendi said...

Ah man Lyns, I feel for you! It's so amazing how each kid is born with their own individual personality. What works with one, doesn't always work with the next... so advice for you in this situation will do no good. All I can say is you WILL get through this, and you're right when you say "This too shall pass." It will... Hang in there. Love you!