Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Friday we bought this....
Love it!!

Alan has been wanting one to drive back and forth to work, so we started looking. I decided that we shouldn't spend money on something that I can't get on the back of or on something that is older and has to many miles.

So this is a 2006 Suzuki S50, perfect for both of us.

We always talk about getting nice cruisers and going cross country when we are older, but were getting closer to that everyday.
Eventually I want a bike of my own, preferably pink, but I can wait.

So Saturday morning I went to Farmer's Market with my madre

I was disappointed that they didn't have any fresh fruit, flowers, or vegetables, but I got a super cute watch for an arm and a leg, but you can pick your face, and then band, and you can mix and match them all. Pretty cool, and if I buy 5 I get another 1 for FREE!!


We met a really interesting couple who travel the world and take photographs and then print them on canvas. They remember where each picture was taken, and the events that took place when they were there. My mom bought some prints from them, all taken in Italy. That is my lifetime goal to one day travel the world and get to know places so well that I know the locals by name, and they know me. And yes these people have children, all grown and started families of their own, but they were smart, like me, and saved for retirement. Obviously saved well.




Isn't she interesting, I am sure she has a story to tell.




There was this guy, who at first my mom thought was a girl, with a beard?? really??




Then there's Lorna (that is really her name) and her pet iguana, Brutus. I met her about 9 years ago, she lived by some friends of mine in these ghetto apartments, and ever since, she is everywhere I go. She used to work on 2bitstreet (as my Grandpa still calls it) back in the day when that was legal, or was it, well when they had the underground tunnels active to go back and forth from bar to bar.



First time I have ever heard my grandpa say 2bitstreet was Saturday, and I laughed my butt off. I know that's what they used to call it but when I talk to my grandpa we just talk about whats going on in our lives, and I never really get to hear him really talk.


I was absolutely amazed that mom didn't buy any seafood from this "Wild Grown" Seafood stand. Speaking of, are you ever going to share that shrimp you brought back from Seattle??




Here is a painted horse, they are all the way up and down 25th street.

After all that jazz we went on a little ride up the Ogden Canyon



to The Oaks and ate some yummy lunch outside. We got to sit in the most secluded little table surrounded by tree's and brush and whatnot, I am sure there was a small critter running around. You had to step down 5 steps to sit and we could see no one, it was awesome!




And here is my super enthusiastic husband. Doesn't he look like he wants someone to shoot him? Super glad your happy to be with me honey.

He told me that I was acting like we're from Wyoming because I was taking pictures, doesn't he know my fellow bloggers need to see what we are doing every waking moment?? Seriously honey, they need to see us too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new bike! You guys deserve something fun like that! Ok those are some very interesting pictures of people you saw. They look very entertaining and I freaking LOVE the new watch super cute! That pic of you and Alan in your shades is darling!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥Shally said...

Love the bike too-- Someday....

Zach hates me taking pictures all the time also... I'ts a guy thing:)

Hollyween said...

I totally feel like I missed out on the farmer's Market thing! Did you know I've NEVER been?! I live a sheltered life, I tell ya.

Okay. Please, please, please be careful on the motorcycle. John has seen a ton of accidents and I keep hearing about them. Wear a helmet and Don't speed or I'll come over there and kick your butt.

So funny that Jack said 'twobitstreet' HA!

Jen said...

Get your motor runnin'....dunna, dunna, dut, dut! You guys look ultra cool!

Hello, that guy with the beard could possibly be a woman. I've seen plenty of women with beards and not to mention, he does have moobs (man boobs).

Hmmmm... I wonder who could be from Wyoming and taking a million pictures, every step of the way of her travels. She must be a freak. Tell your hubbin that my hubbin sympathises with him.

Lynsie said...

Holly- we are super careful, one of our neighbors works at the hospital and tells us scary motorcycle stories, and he also hears them from the EMT at work that also works in the ER.
I promise we are careful, and very watchful of what is around us. Plus Alan has been riding a street bike for 4 years now... I know doesn't seem long, but this is the first nice bike we've had.

Lynsie said...

Jen- when Alan said that about Wyoming, the first person I thought about- You!!

Lynsie said...

Oh- Holly I am going to try to go this Saturday, but early like 8, I think just me and Jaimen. Thats when they do have fruit and vegetables. Love for you to come along, last week was my first time!

Boyer family said...

I don't get how you have the cutest blog possible. I need to you make over mine. Looks like your having a fun summer.

Andy and Katy said...

Lyns, it is in Sandy off the 106th south exit. It is called the Living Planet Aquarium. The kids had fun and we did to. ZAck liked it a lot but Finn LOVED it. I would totally recommend it to anyone. It was kindof small but fun nonetheless. Let me know if you go and how you like it.