Friday, March 28, 2008

Hamburger??

This afternoon I was on my lunch break and was going to take something back and return it to Pier 1 in Riverdale. As I was pulling into the big Riverdale shopping parking lot I saw a man, (homeless or just in need? maybe neither) lying on the grass with all his stuff tied together.After I returned my stuff and had a lengthy conversation on "being green" and conservation, I went and bought this man lunch, and told him to have a nice day.


He was thankful and a little surprised, but not to surprised because not long before I gave him lunch someone else had dropped off a Starbucks Coffee to him, at least I think someone gave it to him. If I were given 5 dollars there is no way I would go spend it all on a Starbucks, in fact I have 5 dollars and I am not wasting it on that, that’s like a luxury to me and its not even that good. Maybe that is what some homeless people do when they get 5 dollars, they buy a Starbucks, instead of whiskey.

Anyways I just thought I would write about my little good deed I did today, and hopefully someone else can pay it forward after reading this. Just say Hi to someone you don't know, make their day. I know that when I am walking in a store and a stranger smiles and say’s Hi, it makes me so much happier, puts a perma smile on my face like I just “got some.”
–Sorry was that to much??
Lets be nice to other's, we don't know their personal story, so it's not gonna hurt us to be a little nicer once in a while and just smile:)

2 comments:

nikki said...

I was just looking around blogger and I found your blog page...Your son is very cute....I agree we should All be nicer to each other. God bless

Hollyween said...

SUCH a cute story. I really need to do more. I'm so lazy!!!!